5 Best Power Showers for Low Water Pressure
Second to cold water in the shower, is having to wash with low water pressure. If you’re like me and get easily frustrated with this kind of thing, then read on…
How we decided on the best power showers for low water pressure?
You may own a good bathroom, but the whole purpose of that room goes in vain if you don’t have a functioning shower. If the low water pressure is troubling you, then a good quality shower can help you better the experience.
After we conducted thorough research, we ended up with the top 5 power showers for low water pressure. Don’t forget to go through the list before you hop into the search for your desired power shower!
It is necessary to know about the functionalities of any product before purchasing. So, let’s have a closer look at the functions of power showers and what makes them stand out.
Now that you’re caught up with all the benefits, you might be interested in finding out which ones are the best. Go through our list of the top 5power showers for low water pressure to find the one you need.
Ionic Shower Head
If you wish to have variations in your showering experience, get the Ionic Shower Head. The shower-head comes with 3 different modes that enrich and diversify your experience. It has a unique filtration that will soften your water by driving away toxic substances.
The Ionic Shower Head is at the top of our list of top 5 power showers for all its excellent features.
As the name suggests, this shower-head comes with a universal or standard size fitting. Without much ado, you can replace your before used shower head with this one.
You can also choose from different spray options to ensure your comfort level. The material used to make its nozzle is another good reason that makes this product a top choice.
IMIEE Showering 4-Inch
If you’re tired of having a shower with an inadequate amount of water, this is what you need to end your suffering! The high-quality plastic used to make the product gives it a bright, reflective look. Available in two colours, this comes with a simple installation that applies to most.
How We Decided On Our Winner
As taking a shower is a necessity, we need to make sure that we do enjoy a pleasant bathing experience every time. Power showers offer us the best so that we aren’t left with any complaint about our shower time. Among the power showers out there in the market, we have found the Ionic Shower Head to be the best product.
It keeps us safe from different health issues like – respiratory and digestive problems. Its classic 2-layer filtration system will soften your water, giving you a nice bathing experience. While this has been highest ranked, you’ll find that all the products that we have reviewed here are worth a try!
FAQ and Buying Guide
What are the Functions of Power Showers?
It was during the ’80s that power showers gained popularity among households. The electric showers function by running a current through an element that heats the water. It enables hot water flow through the showerhead.
In such cases, water pressure often becomes an issue, especially at high temperatures. Taps running in other parts of the house might also lead to an inadequate amount of water supply, making it tougher to wash and clean yourself.
Power showers have their own pump to resolve this issue, increasing the pressure of water. The water flow can get away with dirt at a much faster than a conventional shower and guarantees a relaxing, massage.
A power shower uses more water than a conventional one, but it also consumes less time to operate – keeping the cost constant. Moreover, some of the power showers and showerheads have an option to adjust the flow rate. So, power showers can be a better option taking into consideration the benefits.
Installing a Power Shower: A Beginner’s Guide
The aim of a power shower is to provide powerful water flow to those having access only to low water pressure. You can install your power shower all by yourself only if you know some basics of electrics and plumbing. Afterwards, you should contact a specialist electrician to make the final connections.
You should check the kilowatt rating of your power shower before its installation. Higher kilowatt ratings would lead to a higher level of electricity consumption, which will charge you. Done with reparations, you should follow the steps below for proper installation of your power shower –
- You need to turn off the circuit breaker or fuse box and choose a position for the shower unit. Attach your water heater front cover to the wall. Outline the heater using a pencil so that all copper pipe points and cable points become marked.
- Use an electronic detector to scan for cables and wires within the wall. You should bury electrical cables from the heater in the middle of the switch for safety.
- Now you have to use a drill machine to drill holes for the pipes and cable. You need to use the sliding rail as the outline to create a hole for the shower rail. After that, you should turn off the main stopcock and run the cold tap dry.
- Then you’ll have to use a wrench to connect the copper pipe to the rising main with a compressed tee fixing
- To accommodate the compressed fitting, you need to cut a hole in the wall at the main’s pipe. Now you should put the new copper pipe in the third arm on the tee and put a stop valve close to the tee. At this stage, turn off the stop valve, reconnect the cold water supply and add a flexible hosepipe at the end.
- Check the new pipe for leaks, turn off the stop valve and connect the copper pipe to the bottom of the heater unit. For this, you’ll need an elbow pipe, nut and sealing olive with an adjustable wrench. Open the stop valve to make sure it is leak-free and turns the stop valve off when you are sure about it.